24 September 2012

A Mystery Fan Schools Us All



Apologies if this is old news to all of you, but this is absolutely new to me: JD Corley's insightful post on the story-games.com forum.

A quick bit to whet your whistle, and then I'm out:

"...a lot of people make posts like "well, Sherlock Holmes could never be a good gaming character, he's right about everything, good at everything, and anyhow nobody could make the deductive leaps he could".

I proved everyone wrong by playing Sherlock Holmes online for a good 4 years.

The difference?

It was a superhero game.

Pick up any game system you like, so long as it has a power called 'Clarivoyance' in it. You now have a game that can handle Sherlock Holmes, no problem.

This leads me to my first mystery subgenre discussion. "

It's borderline brilliant, and I have no idea why I've never heard of this before. A great read for a rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking Back

They say that if you don't look back at who who were from a year ago and cringe that you haven't grown enough. What if I look back f...