13 September 2011

I have a cat.

My cat's name is Mary. She's black and has big yellow eyes and some sort of dangly belly hair that makes me think she has ringworms or something except she's from the Humane Society and I'm pretty sure they take better care of cats than that. For like $80, they'd better take good care of my future cat.

The reason I'm talking about my cat is because this is her:

It feels like my day revolves around my cat.

When I get up in the morning, she notices. She goes from wherever she was (sleeping in the closet, sleeping on my pillow, standing in the bath tub, charging towards and away from my socks, in my dresser drawers) to my bed, and then, to my face. She puts her face next to mine and sniffs it. I don't know why she does it, because it makes it hard to breathe and she knows what my face smells like. Protip: It smells the same way it did every single day before today, for the last two years.

Then, if I stay up, she starts meowing. Just like in the picture. Meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow. The entire time I'm getting up, brushing my teeth, filling my cup full of water, looking for pants that aren't pajama pants, she's either meowing or following me around. Because she loves me, and desperately needs my attention now that I'm finally not sleeping.

I love my cat. Sometimes, I don't quite know why.

4 comments:

  1. Awww! I love cats. I wish I wasn't deathly allergic to them. They seem to know it too; they invariably ignore everyone else and beeline for me when I enter a room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is familiar. I have a very similar experience with my dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ze: I've noticed a similar thing when I'm around smokers. The smoke inevitably trails towards the non-smokers, no matter where they try to hide.

    Also, you know, there are hypo-allergenic cats. They're supposed to be bred to have less dander and trigger allergies less. If you have a cat-shaped hole in your life, it could help to fill it up.


    @David: One of my buddy's dogs would always be chill until you started getting up. You could be lying down and staring at him but the moment you actually started moving he'd start to whine and scrabble around because NOW he needs to go outside and then whiiiiiine whiiiiiine whiiiiiine.

    That dog sucked, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My lab has a murderous attitude towards cats and my beagle was beat up by one on a walk one day and is traumatized! So no cats in our future here, hypo-allergenic or otherwise. :(

    ReplyDelete

Looking Back

They say that if you don't look back at who who were from a year ago and cringe that you haven't grown enough. What if I look back f...