16 June 2012

ONI PUNCHER Adventure!

One of the first things I want to do for ONI PUNCHER is similar to what I did for Aim For The Head; namely, an introductory adventure to show people what I was thinking about when I made the rules.

One of the reasons, I think, that oD&D took off so strongly was that it was possible, through the adventures and modules and ramblings of the creators, to see exactly what the first DMs were getting at. You get a very good sense of what Gygax was like when you read what he produced. You get a very good sense of what Arneson was like when you read through his material, as well. It's not quite as good as having them sit down and play a game for you, but it's pretty close.

And so that's something that I plan on doing. I have a lot of ideas for a one-page module for Oni Puncher, as well as some nifty extra rules for it. I think you'll like it. It features a very dangerous Oni named Hideaki, a luminescent demon that's causing some serious problems among the westland farmers. Will you be able to defeat him, or will you yourself be defeated?

(That reminds me, I never included rules on how to lose in Oni Puncher, or how your Punchers might be defeated. I might have to add something in!)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, what happened with Oni Puncher?
    E-mail me if there's anything I can help you with. I'm not a game designer or anything special, but I've done my fair share of helping with other people's causes.
    Look-up Special Operations Killzone for example. :)

    neiskata.gak@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Looking Back

They say that if you don't look back at who who were from a year ago and cringe that you haven't grown enough. What if I look back f...