27 April 2012

Snare of the Spider Kings

I've always had a thing for Ettercaps, and not entirely because they were one of the few interesting monsters in the first monster manual I ever had access to. (The AD&D quick play introduction set, if I remember correctly, featuring Thaddeus the Wizard among others) There was something interesting about these lumpy, gangly, spider lovers that set off little ringing bells in the back of my head. Things like: Are they intelligent? What's up with the spiders? Have they created tools they can use in their two fingers? Are they venomous? What do they taste like?

Basic questions, really, but there they are. I wish more adventures would use Ettercaps. I'd write one myself, but the only way I'm writing one is if I write it for Microlite 74, and I know people around here don't play that game anyways. I think I'm about the only one who even likes it, some days.

Regardless. Ettercaps = cool. End of story.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about them, and I actually like them looking "less spidery" than more. I'd love to see an adventure starring them.

    ReplyDelete

Looking Back

They say that if you don't look back at who who were from a year ago and cringe that you haven't grown enough. What if I look back f...