08 November 2010

Empty House!

My friends Jeff and Steve had spent the last couple of days at my place, a tiny two bedroom loft in midtown, and I have to say, the place feels empty already without them. Sure, there wasn't hardly any room left with the two of them sleeping in the living room/dining room area, but what do you need the space for? My girlfriend and I have our bedroom, my brother has his, and then the two of them camped out in the middle room, and we still had enough space to walk to the bathroom and the kitchen and back. Plenty of room for five people!

They're great fun. They're loud, they take up a lot of room, and they eat a lot, but they bring a happy glow to the household- except for my girlfriend, who pines for the quiet. Always the extrovert, I can't fathom not enjoying a bit of noise. We played a long-lasting round of Descent, wherein I almost defeated them as the Overlord- I'll skip the description unless you're fans of the game. Me and Jeff discussed the differences in our respective services, especially pertaining to organization and command heirarchy, with a good bit of friendly joking, of course. Silly grunt, you can't out-joke a Seabee. ;)

In other news, I seem to have sprained my big toe. It now hurts to walk, which is awful, since I have a habit of roaming the house and jumping and stuff when I get excited. Which happens an awful lot these days. It's a good habit, I suppose, since it helps to be a little active and besides, laughter is supposed to be good for your heart.

The only downside to hosting guests is that it takes a lot out of your free time, and I haven't had much time to post or to have quiet moments, which makes this blog suffer. Hopefully now that I'm down to just work and class, I'll have a couple more interesting thoughts to share with the world, and keep on keepin' on.

Side note: Does anybody else find "meta" comments about the state of one's blog to be entirely boring and self-important? I feel like I'm putting on airs, like there's somebody out there who's an actual fan of this author's boring, stream-of-conciousness thoughts. Which is absurd, of  course, but that's how it feels.

1 comment:

  1. I find that it is usually good to maintain a certain level of activity on one's blogs and websites

    At least it doesn't look like you've abandoned the endeavor if there are recent posts, and that you haven't fallen off the map yet (physically, at least)

    ReplyDelete

Looking Back

They say that if you don't look back at who who were from a year ago and cringe that you haven't grown enough. What if I look back f...