07 June 2012

It's been a long couple of months!

I've had a lot on my plate: my wife came back from her year-long training in the Navy, and that meant that it was time to move across the country!

Between moving everything we own, dealing with the military (if you've never had to play a week-long game of phone tag only to find out that you need to contact five or six different people at different departments, count yourself lucky,) a pretty decent car crash that ended up totalling our poor Altima, and actually getting our asses into a place that wasn't a hotel on base, it's been a long, busy, weird time to be this guy.

But don't worry- I'm still doing some pretty cool stuff. I've got Rodiel, my fun-tastic setting almost penned in its entirety- all that's left is organizing it so that somebody less crazy can make sense of it, and then maybe try and wrangle together some playtesters online or offline who are willing to help me make it into more than just a heap of half-congealed ideas.

Horse points got worked out early, unfortunately

Also, I've started playing Magic the Gathering: Online, which seems fun so far. The pauper-style deckbuilding means that all I use are commons, and that means that I can build a deck for less than a dollar and even have it be moderately successful, even! No more $20 decks, worthless booster packs, or scrambling over mythic rares, thanks. I'll just play with my silly commons for now.

It's weird having internet after all this time, I'd gotten used to putting around the house and bothering my poor, patient cat and writing in notebooks, and now I have the entire internet in front of me again and I can't for the life of me remember what I used to do on it. Your loss, I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking Back

They say that if you don't look back at who who were from a year ago and cringe that you haven't grown enough. What if I look back f...