24 June 2010

Queen of the Demonweb Pits

Sorry about the lack of typing- I'd been extremely busy for the past two weeks, but I'll try to get typing more often than I have been.

Not really in the mood today, but figured it was about time to get back in the swing of things. Roleplaying-wise, I'm planning on running Q1- Queen of the Demonweb Pits for a group of 2-3 people. Each of them will have a small handful of henchmen and hirelings, so hopefully that'll balance things out. Having never run a published module before, it would probably have been easier to run the other module I have with me (X1- The Isle of Dread), but that's irrelevant. I want to go balls-to-the-wall, and it's been a long while since we've bothered to try running a high-level one shot. It should be fun; after all, my players have been patient and tolerant of me up to now, so here's my attempt to let them shine on.

Also, my Alternate Spell List is finished, which is cool. It takes the rather boring and bland Magic User spells of LL and basic D&D and attempts to spice them up a little bit so everybody isn't taking the same Sleep, Magic Missile, Charm Person spells all the time. Running Q1 will be the playtest of the new spells, as well, so that should be exciting. I'll post them here as soon as I get around to putting it into a nicer format. It's currently in a raw text format (via GEdit, an awesome text editor), but putting it into Open Office and prettying it up shouldn't be a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking Back

They say that if you don't look back at who who were from a year ago and cringe that you haven't grown enough. What if I look back f...