21 July 2014

Mobile Games

Ever since I got a smartphone that's actually smart I've been poking around the Google Play store looking for games that aren't completely awful.

It will come as a surprise to literally nobody reading this that a good 75% of the "free" games are money-grabbing, gameplay-free varieties of games that the rest of the world has been playing online for for free for the last decade now.

For example: Clash of Clans. It's literally the same timer-based city builder that people have been playing on and off in their lunch break since at least 2000. Except this one's on your smartphone, see, so even people who don't really "play games" are able to putz with it while they're on the john.

   
Just the first image I googled, but I assume that this is it

It's not like I hate Clash of Clans or non-gamers playing games or anything, it just makes poking through the G Play store a huge pain in the ass. The top games are universally shallower versions of games that were never that good to begin with.

But that doesn't mean there aren't some gems.

I'm thinking about doing a first-impressions styled review of some mobile games that initially don't seem terrible, like a Rock-Paper-Shotgun style "Wot I Think" except it'll just be free games that I downloaded on a whim because I'm in the mood for a card game. Or whatever.

Yeah, that could be fun.





2 comments:

  1. I enjoy this game to such an extent.Easy to play,its an addicting minimal game that will pull you in as soon,particularly after you manufacture the notorious "Clan Castle".It's certainly commendable download on the off chance that you have sufficient energy to play it,on the grounds that trust me,you'll be scouting your village each ten minutes...almost annoyingly addictive,I can't quit playing.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>>>>>
    hidden object games play online

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clash of Clans is along these lines a simple game,however that is all the more a quality than a shortcoming.It's sufficiently simple to give snappy,painless matches on an iPhone in an idle moment, and there are sufficient distinctive units to browse in the battle mode to make playing against different players perpetually rewarding.
    ********Lock apps

    ReplyDelete

Looking Back

They say that if you don't look back at who who were from a year ago and cringe that you haven't grown enough. What if I look back f...